We’re hiring! We’re excited to announce that Berings’ is looking for local Bridal Consultants to add to our team of professionals. Please read the position overview and requirements below. If interested, please email your resume to HR@berings.com with “Bridal Consultant” in the subject line.
A Bridal Consultant is responsible for all bridal registry activities. From registering new couples, meeting with couples to build their dream bridal registry, updating registries as needed, assisting all Bering’s Brides, and solving all issues associated with Bridal Registry. A Bridal Consultant will also take on the role of Sales Associate when necessary. Sales Associates are responsible for all sales activities, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions, assisting with curbside pickup, and providing product information.
- Handling all bridal registry activities from start to finish
- Demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills
- Keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise
- Organizing the selling floor and stock areas
- Process payments
- Handle customer refunds courteously and professionally
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Bering’s commitment to the customer
- Develop product knowledge by researching manufacturers websites
- Say up-to-date with current promotional events and sales
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- AD&D, STD
- Employee Discount
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Time management skills
- Exceptional understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Ability to multitask, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Physical demands: This position involves constantly moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing, and standing for up to five consecutive hours. May involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders. This person must be able to lift up to 50 LBS.
- Customer service focus
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 2+ years retail experience preferred
About Bering’s: Among Houston’s most venerable traditions, Bering’s represents one of the most unique retail concepts anywhere. For generations, this one-of-a-kind treasure house has offered an incredible array of quality hardware items for the home, upscale gifts including china, crystal, Big Green Egg Grills, Yeti Coolers, chocolates and stationery as well as everything for the kitchen and yard. An excellent place to find gifts for everyone on your list, Bering’s offers the kind of old-fashioned service that seems near extinction.
Our Mission: Bering’s provides a unique shopping experience by offering a distinctive assortment of products and the best customer service anywhere. It’s The Bering’s Way since 1940.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bridal Consultant” in the subject line.