- 15 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
- 1 Hour
- 1/2 LB. Ground Beef (85/15 or Angus Beef)
- 1/4 LB. Ground Bison
- 1/4 LB. Ground Pork
- 2 TBSP. Bread Crumbs (Unseasoned or Seasoned)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1 TBSP Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/4 TSP Fine Ground Pepper
- 2 TBSP Parmesan Cheese
- Place ground beef, bison, and pork in large bowl.
- Mix buttermilk and bread crumbs together. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to buttermilk/bread crumb mixture. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 bread crumb mixture to meat and use your hands to start combining together.
- Add remaining mixture as needed to meat mixture until combined.
- When finished, cover and place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight if preparing ahead of time.
- Use cooking spray to lightly coat cast iron skillet.
Big Green Egg Setup:
- Fill BGE with charcoal and form pyramid.
- With vents wide open on bottom and top, light fire and after about 5-10 minutes use your ash tool to stir the charcoal up. This will help the fire spread quicker.
- Place additional charcoal on top.
- Place plate setter (legs up) for indirect cooking.
- Place grill on plate setter.
- Place iron skillet on grill.
- Close lid and leave vents open until temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Place meatballs in iron skillet. Close BGE.
- Continue cooking at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Using a pair of tongs, flip meatballs over.
- Open vents on top and bottom until temperature reaches 400-425.
- Continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove cast iron skillet from BGE using gloves.
- Place on a cooking rack or stove pad.
- Let meatballs sit f or 10 minutes before serving.