- 6 Small to Medium Sized Russet Baking Potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshley Ground Pepper
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Strips of Uncured Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- Sour Cream
- 2 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced (Include the Greens)
- Grass-Fed Butter
1. Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
2. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a sharp knife rub with olive oil and bake for about an hour until the potatoes are cooked through and give a little when pressed.
3. Remove the potatoes from the EGG and let cool enough to handle. Cut in half horizontally, then use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides, leaving about ¼ inch of potato on the skin. Brush olive oil over the potato skins, outside and in. Sprinkle with salt. Cook for 10 minutes on each side (20 minutes total). Remove and let cool enough to handle.
4. Top the spud with butter, cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Return them to the cooking grid and bake for an additional 2-4 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from heat.
5. Top with more bacon, sour cream, green onions and jalapeno. Serve immediately.