Smoked Cornish Hen and Caribbean Pork with a Cranberry Sauce
Ingredients for Smoked Cornish Hen and Caribbean Pork:
- 1 Cornish Hen
- 2 Pork Tenderloins
- Salt and Pepper
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Curry Powder Spice
- Garam Masala Spice
- Creole or Cajun Seasoning
- BBQ Glazed
Method for Smoked Cornish Hen and Caribbean Pork:
- Make sure the Cornish Hen is fully thawed and free of excess water or ice. Season with salt, pepper, and creole seasonings.
- Place on the BGE and cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. Turning occasionally throughout the cooking process. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 175-180 degrees.
- Use a brush to coat with your preferred BBQ glaze the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Coat the pork tenderloins with mustard, salt, pepper, curry powder, garam masala, and creole seasonings.
- Spray the tenderloins with olive oil spray. Grill on both sides for 5-10 minutes – try to create nice grill marks.
- After grilling move the park to the cooler side of the grill and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes or until the meat reaches internal temperatures of 155 degrees.
- Use a brush to coat the tenderloins with your preferred BBQ glaze the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 LB Fresh Cranberries
- 3-4 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1-2 Cups Orange Juice
- Lemon Zest
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 Cup Bourbon
- Salt to Taste
Method for Cranberry Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients and simmer for 30-45 minutes until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
- Let cool and serve.
Jambalaya Cornbread Dressing
- 2 LB Cooked Cornbread
- 1 LB Gulf Shrimp
- 1 LB Andouille Sausage
- 1 Cup Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Onions
- 1/4 Cup Minced Garlic
- Chicken Stock
- Creole Spice Seasoning
- Crumble 2 LBS of cornbread, add 1 Tbsp. of each dry herb. Add salt, pepper, and creole seasoning to taste.
- Dice onion, and assorted bell peppers. Add to pan/skillet with oil and place on the grill for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add medium dice andouille sausage and garlic to pan. Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes. This can be done on the grill or indoors on the stove top.
- Add sausage mixture to cornbread preparation. Add shrimp and equal parts stock and milk. Be careful with the liquid. We need just enough for product to hold together like dumplings.
- Add product back to a cast iron skillet and continue cooking on the grill or indoors in the oven for 20-30 minutes until you have a light brown crust on top.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4-5 Sweet Potato
- Diced Pineapple
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Bourbon or Dark Caribbean Rum
- Salt and oil sweet potatoes. Place on the grill (not directly over hot coals) and cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Mix 2-3 cups of brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. of cinnamon, and 1 tsp. of nutmeg. Hold for later.
- Measure 1/2 cup of bourbon and cut about 1/4 pound of butter for studding casserole.
- When potatoes are fork tender and warm, cut ends and score end to end with knife to release skin. Place cut sections of sweet potato in a cast iron pan.
- Coat potatoes with sugar mixture, add dice pineapple, butter, liquor and top off with marshmallows. Place back on grill for about 20-30 minutes before serving.