- 24 OZ. tomato puree
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 1 TSP. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP. brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 TSP. paprika
- 1/4 TSP. chili powder
- 1/2 Yellow onion diced
- 2 Garlic cloves-minced
- TBSP. unsalted butter or neutral oil (canola or vegetable)
- 12 OZ. can of your favorite soda (Dr. Pepper, Dublin Cola, Root Beer)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together with a whisk.
- Add soda and and wait until foam subsides.
- Whisk together lightly.
- In a 2 quart pot, heat oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes then lower heat to low.
- When onion becomes translucent add wet mixture.
- Stir together and increase heat to medium high.
- When mixture starts to boil, lower to simmer.
- Cook 25-30 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir occasionally