- 1/2 Head Green Cabbage
- 1/2 Head Red Cabbage
- 1 TSP Sea Salt
- 2 Pieces of Celery Stalks - Thinly Sliced
- 1 Carrot - Shredded
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper - Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper - Thinly Sliced
- 2 TBSP Fresh Parsley - Finely Cut
- 1 TSP Fresh Cut Dill
- 1 TSP Fresh Cut Mint
- 2 TSP Chives Finely Cut
- 1/2 English Cucumber - Peeled and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Low Fat Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBSP White Wine Vinegar
- 1 TSP Lemon Zest
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 TSP Dry Mustard
- 1/4 TSP White Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Cut each piece of cabbage into two halves.
- Place cabbage on baking sheet, cut side up.
- Sprinkle salt over cabbage and let sit for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.
- Make dressing as below.
- Combine all ingredients minus olive oil and whisk together.
- Buttermilk, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, lemon zest, garlic cloves, dry mustard, white pepper, and salt.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and add oil, mix again.
Big Green Egg Setup:
- Make mound of lump charcoal with electric starter or starter cubes in middle.
- With vents wide open on bottom and top, light fire and after about 5-10 minutes use your ash tool to stir the charcoal into flat layer.
- Place additional level of charcoal on top.
- Place grill on plate setter.
- Close lid and leave vents open until temperature reaches 400-425 degrees.
- Place cabbage wedges cut side down directly on grill on the grill.
- Close lid and cook cabbage for ~10 minutes at 400-425 degrees.
- Flip cabbage over.
- Close vents and continue to cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove cabbage and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice cabbage using a sharp knife into thin strips.
- Combine cabbage and vegetable mixture.
- Add ½ dressing and toss mixture together.
- Save remaining mixture for later.
Tip: Cole slaw always taste better if you let it set for a day. If making ahead of time, use ½ of dressing, add the remaining dressing just before serving.